Friday, September 19, 2008

Weekend!

Amazing how the prospect of a change of scenery can cheer you up :D
And of course nice comments from friends :D

Tomorrow I'm going to a band camp reunion in Toronto. I'm driving, so we might not make it the whole way there, but some of my favourite people are gonna be along, so it's gonna be an awesome trip no matter what.
Band camp people are the ones I can chill with and we always have an awesome time no matter what. We laugh, we do crazy stuff, we lounge, we sing, we dance (yes, we are like a traveling theatre company), we get lost, we beat the crap out of each other (it's a game, no worries)...etc.
I love seeing these people because I know that I'm going to smile. And it's weird, because most of them are the types of people I would never have met other than camp, and we only see each other every 6 months or so (if that), but we're close. Yay for the band camp bond!

Next weekend is also gonna be pretty awesome. My dad is renting a sailboat for two days, so it's gonna be crazy fun. And my brother is gonna come visit me some evening next week.

AND it's sunny out.

Wow.

I haven't really been able to do much blog style thinking. I'm still trying to get used to this new schedule and school and stuff.
But I had a really good debate with the one guy living in my suite. Steve, actually. About the war in Iraq and American foreign policy. I didn't realize how much of a pacifist I am. But in the end, politics don't matter much to me. Yah they're important, but as long as I can chill with my horse and make enough money for both of us to eat, and occasionally see my friends, I'm happy. The only reason I prefer Layton over Harper is the hair issue. And he's more likely to legalize marijuana :D

I really do miss Jemma though. And being able to get out into nature entirely alone and stuff. Hopefully I have time this weekend to go see her.

Cheers! May everyone's weekends be sunny and restful and exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment