Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Motherhood Manual

So you would like to be a mother? Here are some easy and foolproof steps to being Becca's!
1: Ignore anything that is remotely logical. This will help you win arguments becasue everything that your child says will fail to penetrate and change your mind
2: Become flambouyantly emotional. It makes everyone around you uncomfortable, so they will be more likely to listen to you. It is helpful if you can blame this on a health problem.
3: Make all decisions arbitrarily. If your child asks for a reason or explanation, hedge the question or attack their audacity for asking.

She's not really that bad, but some days...

In other news, today was my first day of full time work. I hurt from 8 hours of lifting and 2 hours of biking. Also, happy Canada Day!!!!

Fireworks!!!
Actually, a couple friends and I spent like $50 on them yesterday. Very many adventures ensued, and one can read about them on my buddy's blog: http://rolos-life.livejournal.com/2691.html
My fave part was Colgate and the Criminal nearly getting exploded :D:D.

The ranting about mothers is mostly becasue I now have a 10:30 bedtime because she wants my to get accostomed to sleeping more for university. If anyone can tell me how that makes any bloody sense at all, please tell me.... grr....

2 comments:

  1. oh mothers
    haha and thx for the advertisement

    ReplyDelete
  2. um.
    you don't have to worry about not getting enough sleep at uni.
    yup you stay up late because of procrastination and whatnot
    however, you'd be surprised how well daily naps fit into your schedule.. lol

    ReplyDelete