Friday, October 17, 2008

Facial features

I remember posting something a while back on how I judge people's personalities based on the way their hands look.
So the question is whether facial features, or any type of physical characteristic affects or gives away a person's personality.
For example: saw a girl today with eyes that were all dark. Not the eye itself really, but like the area around it. Some people just have this sunken, hollow look to their eye sockets. And whenever I see it I think "drug addict" or something like that because they just look unhealthy. It especially creeps me out with kids. Bleh.
Or when a person has squinty eyes I think of them as a happy person.
Or big head = jerk, small head = nice. Only for like noticably different sizes though
Am I coming off as crazy here?
Well I can't be really, cuz a lot of authors agree with me subconciously. The idea of physical characteristics being tied to the personality is very common in victorian/impressionist literature. Dorian Grey and Jane Eyre are two of many books I've read that emphasize this. In Dorian, every time he does something evil, it changes his (or the portrait's) appearance for the worse. In Jane Eyre, the characters openly judge personality through physical traits. (ie: intelligent eyes, proud jowls, determined jawlines, etc).
The question is whether it's reliable. Isn't physical appearance the luck of the draw?
Anyhow.
I'm a little stressed out with school and the like because it's all piling up very neatly on weekends where people are planning fun stuff to do, and I really am not a fan of being in writing exams when I could be out debating or chilling and whatnot. Argh.
But on the upside, I did well on my calc midterm! Yay for 89%!!!! Best I've ever done in math, oddly...

And I'm getting baptised theoretically on Nov. 16. My family is all happy about it and stuff. If there's anything I dislike more than making my family all excited it's seeing dentists, yech. But I should be nice to them. It's not their fault that they are totally from Earth and I am totally from Jupiter. I'm looking forward to it, actually. I'm not sure what to say about that whole thing. It is what it is. There it is.

1 comment:

  1. that's random about the baptising.
    i know that it all has to do with connections to the church and stuff... but maybe think about whatever spiritual relationship you have to god and make it something personal for only you. that way your making your parents happy cause youre physically doing it, but you take something from it to.

    ReplyDelete