Saturday, April 17, 2010

These Happy Days

I've been super enjoying time spent with friends over the last 2 weeks. Just kinda pissing life away in Jim Hortons. I like the uncomplicated, laid back amiability. Camaraderie is nearly the right word, but it frightens me a little because of 1984.

I've been thinking about friendships lately, and these days have done much to restore my faith in their value and purpose. To misquote Charlotte Bronte: There's nothing quite like the feeling that someone is happy to see you, and that your presence makes them happier.

I'm trying not to think about the fact that once I move these things are going to be impossible. It is unlikely that we'll be able to get together in the same nonchalant capacity. Even if we do arrange to hang out, we'll never get this experience quite the same way. I'm trying to let that fact loosen my grip on the good times instead of tightening it. We will not have this time again, so I should just enjoy it for what it is, and not ruin it by wishing it was something other than its own awesome thing.

Good times!

Also Jem leaves for her new home in 6 hours. I sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment