Thursday, April 15, 2010

Strategy

So my exams are finally over and I'm looking forward to the next few days of doing more or less nothing. A buddy of mine mentioned that he would teach me how to play chess, and on Saturday night I'm going out with a few people, so I'm pretty happy about that.

It has recently occurred to me that things like chess or rubick's cubes come really naturally to some people. They are supposed to be indicators of logic or problem solving skills. These are things I happen to not have. The only reason I can attain any sort of success in school is my ability to retain information. Thank goodness that most of the biology courses and that sort of thing are memorization of facts.

I really would like to develop problem solving skills though. I'm mostly finished with math and physics courses, which are all about problem solving, but I have a feeling the concepts will be useful in other areas of life.

In addition to this, I want to start reading books on war strategy. This sounds a little ludicrous given Canada's military position, but bear with me. I enjoy history, as I've mentioned before. All the guys who came out on top were the ones with the strategies. In many cases it was not the numbers but the plan that decided battles, wars, and history. That kind of power can't have become useless in a few generations.

That is all, I need to cook supper.

P.S. I hate it when my father forces me into family social time. I really just do not want to talk to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment