Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Moral Issues

So I lied to my parents this weekend in order to go camping with my guy friends and learned a number of things
1. My mom was right. *sigh*. Situations are very delicate when you have that many horomones on one campsite, and there were moments when I wished I would have listened.
2. It's so easy to not bother with morals. I really wish I engaged in criminal activity and questionable substances, cuz it's so much easier to just not hafta worry about a reputation.
3. I'm a jerk.

So yah, other than that, my weekend was awesome
This evening I went out for coffee with my anti-dramatic friend (the good kind of anti-dramatic) and then came home and caused dramatics with the Criminal.

Ridiculous how often this happens. I really must learn to keep my vendettas to myself. So first I started a shtick about how nice it would be to become a druggie. Of course I didn't mean it. I was just out for a psychological stroll. And then a comment was made and drama began, and I really do feel the worse for fighting. Who am I to condemn other people's decisions? I know I've screwed up enough on my own. Then again, who is anyone else to say I'm a bad person, when I know they've done as much and worse.

Point being: I'm gonna let God take care of all the condemnation and judging stuff, cuz it's far too depressing for me.

So I definitely have found two new musical passions: Jack's Mannequin and the Arctic Monkeys. The first one is kind of Ben Folds sound and really deep and makes me think. The second is more Queen/ Beatles sound and really blatant and honest and makes me think.

Song of the day is "Mardy Bum" by the Arctic Monkeys, which has forced me to say sorry to the Criminal, because the last person I want to be is the one in that song. In fact, here are the lyrics so that you won't haft feel too guilty for not looking them up or finding the song...

Well now then Mardy Bum
I've seen your frown
And it's like looking down the barrel of a gun
And it goes off
And out come all these words
Oh there's a very pleasant side to you
A side I much prefer
It's one that laughs and jokes around
Remember cuddles in the kitchen
Yeah, to get things off the ground
And it was up, up and away
Oh, but it's right hard to remember
That on a day like today when you're all argumentative
And you've got the face on

Well now then Mardy Bum
Oh I'm in trouble again, aren't I
I thought as much
Cause you turned over there
Pulling that silent disappointment face
The one that I can't bear

Can't we, laugh and joke around
Remember cuddles in the kitchen
Yeah, to get things off the ground
And it was up, up and away
Oh, but it's right hard to remember
That on a day like today when you're all argumentative
And you've got the face on

And yeah I'm sorry I was late
well I missed the train
And then the traffic was a state
And I can't be arsed to carry on in this debate
That reoccurs, oh when you say I don't care
but of course I do, yeah I clearly do!

So laugh and joke around
Remember cuddles in the kitchen
Yeah, to get things off the ground
And it was up, up and away
Still, but it's right hard to remember
That on a day like today when you're all argumentative
And you've got the face on


Yah. The last thing I want is to be always disapproving. I don't want to always hold the bad over people's heads and be a jerk expecting perfection. I want to be able to enjoy the laughs and good times. Because otherwise life gets too down and dirty and dramatic. I know I'm all argumentative. But I'm attempting to fix it. No, let's not argue over silly things. Because that's what causes wars and hate and fear. And what the world needs now is love.

1 comment:

  1. nice ending with a very beatles sentence.

    anti-dramatic is the way to be.
    that way, you can rant about drama and dramatic people, which is still a form of gossiping the drama itself (which can be interesting sometimes) yet, you yourself are not actually part of it.
    therefore, it's the best of both worlds really.
    also... score one for me for winning one over to the jack's mannequin crew ye!
    the artist also has a blog. it's good. http://jacksmannequin.blogs.com/jacksmannequin/

    ReplyDelete