Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A moment that I would rather not have had

Can we please retake that one?
Oh man.
Unnecessary pain and negativity and yelling and headaches and tummy aches and just stupidness.
What the heck is your problem? Get out of my puddles. The way you move and speak and treat me move me to rage so quickly that I can't understand what the heck happened to the brain I thought I had. For the sake of everyone involved, do not start with me. Because I won't start with you, but if you start it I'm not going to back down. That puddle water is going straight into your face.

On the other hand, thanks to my boys. You know how to cheer me up.

Before this happened, I wasn't doing too bad. I wrote a thing about a guy I saw at No Frills. Here you go:

What's wrong with these people that they can't be content? The media drives them and they're intent on seeing their hard earned cash well spent. Business man driving a beat up red car. He's pretty successful, yep, he's gone far. But he can't be happy till he has a new car. It's a blot on his shiny image, like a disfiguring scar. No man, you're never gonna attain it: the level of stuff where you say "that's enough" is further away than when you started to chase it. Your blue shirt and yellow tie look spiffy and they fit, and if you drive a crap car we're all ok with it. Because you've done fine, man, you're worth more than the outfit. So if you drive a crap car, then own it. That new car won't make the crazy go away. That resentment inside you that's rising and writhing; and one day you'll snap and end up despising all the time you wasted and it will be surprising how much you hate this perfect image that you've been devising. Man, know yourself, that's all you can do. You can't let the media get to you. They will tell you that to be happy you've got to be new when in reality you've only got to be true - to yourself and the crazy, because you know it's real. The only reality is what you feel, and that's what the commercials try to steal. Hold on to it, man, and drive that car. I think it makes you original.

That was my supermarket shpeel.
And I love my horse and the people at the barn because they know when to leave well enough alone.
And I love the movie Tropic Thunder. I don't care what anyone says - Ben Stiller is hilarious.

How am I supposed to survive another 3.5 days?
"Yesterday all my troubles seemed so far away. And now I need a place to hide away. Oh I believe in yesterday" - the Beatles. Thank you for writing that song. And all your songs. The music of reality, it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment