Wednesday, August 13, 2008

In theory...

I will blog
And then I will get myself cleaned up
And then I will read a bit
And then I will sleep
And then I will wake up and not be depressingly sleepy tomorrow...
As if. Whatever, at least the intentions are good.

Today was kinda weird. I was having anger issues all day at work. Just because of being reallly sleepy (I was out too late again. And then biking home made me so ridiculously happy. It was raining lightly. I could feel the coolness and smell the drippiness without worrying about the book in my bag getting wet. All the puddles on the trail looked like sheets of glass which made delicious slurpy noises when I ran them over. Splendid noise! Have you ever painted a nice clean wall with a roller that is reallly full of paint? That odd gooshy noise is kinda what biking in puddles sounds like.

And when I got home, I had a cookie dough fight with my little sister. I was sitting happily on my couch eating cookie dough, and she was like "Hey, cookie dough!" and then I said it was playdough. She juss kinda looked disappointed. I ate a big bite of it. It didn't sink in too quick, but then she got a really suprised look on her face. She demanded to know if it was actually cookie dough. I said "Of course! I ate it!" and she was like "Well I thought maybe you just liked playdough".
Some days that child destroys all my hopes of her having a brain. But then we had a nice brawl which ended with cookie dough on faces, in hair, down shirts, and embedded into carpets. My mother wasn't impressed, but we were thoroughly happy.

In theory, the rain doesn't make people happy.
In theory, cookie dough is meant to be baked and eaten
In theory, our society is the most advanced that history has ever seen.

And I say screw the theories. Live life for what it is. The thoeries can't always work because everyone experiences things with slightly different shades of emotion. Theories can't always work because no two situations are ever the same.

In theory, I am against theory....

You know when you say a word too many times it loses its meaning and just sounds weird?
Theory..... Theory....

And my song of the day is "Viva la Vida" by Coldplay

No comments:

Post a Comment