Friday, November 20, 2009

So I'm still sick. I don't know what malevolent beast has taken up residence in my tumbly, but it's a kinder on than has taken up residence in my social life.

I'm not going to talk about that though.

Last night my dad invited this guy over for dinner. He was around 86. All of his friends are already dead and his wife died 6 months ago. His only son lives in the U.S. so I'm thinking he's probably pretty lonely. He was really interesting though. He kept cracking zippy little one liners, which made me giggle. He was in the service during WWII. He never went into action, though. He was going to be deployed to Japan but they dropped a bomb before he got there. He had mine duty on the East Coast. In the navy I guess. He had changed the information on his baptismal certificate to get into the army a year early. Apparently they didn't even look at his paperwork when he applied. "If you were stupid enough to sign up" it didn't really matter if you were old enough. They just needed people that weren't dead.

Two things:

Heck of a life. Hat off to you, sir. Doesn't that make my drama a bit silly? I should join an army, and see how much I care about boys, who's mad at who, or even babies. Not that I care much now...

Also, I don't want to be old. Nope. Not for me.

Guessing I should sleep some more.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, Rebs, it shouldn't have to be your drama. I'll try and fix it :S
    Also, people who fought in wars make me sad because war makes me sad. But,
    I hope you get some kind of sick pay or something :P

    ReplyDelete