Saturday, November 14, 2009

Parents

They upset me.

Do all people's relationships wind up like this? As soon as no one is listening then they are blaming each other for stupid things and arguing about decor and never are willing to listen to each other.

It's started to be about the weddings now (my brother's and sister's).

My mother gets all sulky and whiny and acts like a 12 year old if she doesn't get her way.
My father "knows" he's always right and is very patronizing.

I'm like them both.
And it upsets me.

I want to live in a world of books, where fights always have endings and people always have reasons and the same crap doesn't claw away at you for years and years until your mind is cut into a billion little pices that don't fit together right anymore. The longest a book will haunt me is a day or two, but then I read something happy.

I just want to sleep for a couple months, wake up in a sunny field with someone I love (and who loves me, and just wander around the planet holding hands.

But I have work tomorrow.

And my mother is sulking.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you're so angry and sad.
    Just look forward to when you can be out of the house, Bee, and it'll be okay.

    ReplyDelete