Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Stats

In class just now.
My prof is kinda annoying. This class progresses too slowly. I hate the introuctory classes. Those first 2 lectures where you talk about why the course is important and the history of the science.

We are reviewing the probability of being a male AND dying...

(After class now)
Dear readers: we have a problem.

I like statistics. What did we learn today? That being a guy sucks! On the Titanic (still discussing that example), the probability of being a male and dying was 79%, while the probability of being a female and dying was 27%. Hermaphrodites were not mentioned...
We made pretty Venn Diagrams!
Also, being a child was no great advantage. Suckers.

This is truly problematic. The courses have enjoyed so far in uni have been physics and statistics. What can this mean? I was never meant to know these things! I'm an arts student at heart, with a computer-y brain (did I mention I'm now addicted to CSS code? It's sexy), and ambitions in biology.
What should I doooooo?

I shall continue to pursue my chosen course until I am hit with some metaphorical bricks.
There we go.
In the mean time, statistics notation is glorious. Lots of brackets and primes and so on that ACTUALLY MAKE SENSE BAHAHA.

I am sorry for those who don't share my excitement. I am empowered and caffeinated and I saw a cute boy wearing a Pink Floyd shirt in class.

Aaaaahhhhhhh Pink Floyd. Song of the day: Fearless

You say the hill's too steep to climb
Climb it.
You say you'd like to see me try
Climbing.

You pick the place and I'll choose the time
And I'll climb
That hill in my own way.
Just wait a while for the right day.
And as I rise above the tree lines and the clouds
I look down, hearing the sound of the things you've said today.


Fearlessly the idiot faced the crowd
Smiling.
Merciless the magistrate turns 'round
Frowning.

And who's the fool who wears the crown?
And go down,
in your own way
And every day is the right day
And as you rise above the fear-lines in his brow
You look down, hearing the sound of the faces in the crowd.



*Insert magical guitar playing*
(DO YOU SEE THE REFERENCES IN THAT SONG DEAR HEAVEN IT'S VICTOR HUGO I MAY DIE THIS IS MADNESS AND SPARTA!)


Is life good? Or difficult? Or confusing? Or exciting? Or useless?

All of it. Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment