Friday, September 10, 2010

Some days my father actually restores in me a sense of appreciation for my family.

I came home from Guelph and my dad was sitting on the couch. We talked about the retarded stuff going on with my brother's fianceƩ and his children and the topic moved to the fact that everyone likes to think that they are a nice, reasonable human and that everyone else is clueless.

He's been having trouble with a person he's interacting with through his business. The guy called him an idiot behind his back and cost him somewhere between 7000 and 25000 dollars. This guy is apparently just spiteful and wants to cause trouble. So my father, being a rational, modern business professional, wants to fight him. *Sigh*. As much as I think it would be a good thing for this other human to get beat down, it was necessary to talk dad out of it.

Then we listened to Pink Floyd on Youtube. Funnily enough, my mother likes them. She thinks they were 'ahead of their time', not just madly drugged up. Anyway, it is good to notice that my parents can recognize good musics, even if they choose not to listen to it.

My older sister called on Skype then. She's out in Calgary on her 'honeymoon'. She's looking for a job, with no luck yet, so she stays in their apartment all day by herself while her husband is at school. My dad's analysis of the situation? "You're a sex slave, Omi! BAHAHAHA...."

I gave him a high five and am now pleased to be his descendant.

*Edited to add*: My dad is now reading the wikipedia on Pink Floyd. Ain't life grand.
Also, I'm quitting lying. If you catch me, smack me, and expose my falsehood to those I fed it to.
It's really the only way I learn: painfully.

Reason for this: don't bloody ask.

Frekken family and paranoia and the law.

No comments:

Post a Comment