Sunday, September 5, 2010

400

This is the 400th post in this blog.

I just browsed back to the oldest ones and am ashamed to note that the spelling is less than perfect. And I had so much pride in that :(

Something I'm realizing more and more that the prouder you are of something, the more likely you are to wreck it. Sunday school should have taught me to expect this in some way. Pride going before a fall and all that.

Is it sad that I'm finally learning why all the lessons they taught me at ages 4-10 are actually true? I've always known the right answers to questions like "Who is Jesus?" and "Should you do drugs?" and so on. In grade 5 my sunday school teacher hosted a quiz: me against the rest of the class. I won, and I was very proud of it. It turns out now that I entirely fail at following the rules I know. Even things that are not rules, but encouragements are getting me down: "since we have a Great High Priest who rules over God's people, let us go right into the presence of God, fully trusting him."
But that's not how life works! Stop being so bloody nice! Cannot deal with this sort of forgiveness.

You can live 10 years longer and not get a day wiser, better, older.

No comments:

Post a Comment