Sunday, May 16, 2010

This evening I went out to a Bible study with a friend.
I went primarily in hopes of meeting people. I kind of did. Every time I go out in public I become acutely aware of my own awkwardness. Sorry, my friends, when I screw up and embarrass you. I really can't help myself. The people were really nice there though, and I was neither ostracised nor encroached upon. And I got free food :)

I also want to mention that in all likelihood the glory days of this blog seem be over. It has gone from being a place to explain all my theories about life to being sort of a day to day record of my various activities and a vague commentary on them. That being said, I enjoy updating. You should not expect anything too deep to appear in here though, because I seem to be missing the inspiration as of late. Also, I can only talk so much about my own thoughts without repeating myself. I am not all that original.

I am beginning to feel I'm stuck in a rut. I've always felt the need to get out, to wander around, to do crazy things, to explore. I've always been too sensible to act on them. I'm realizing more and more that it's unlikely to get easier as I get older. This causes me to panic and Dr. Anjelica to smacking some sense into me. It's wretched to be aware that when I'm 40 I will not have done a single bloody thing with my life except going to university and getting a job. Panic. *Smack*. Panic. *Smack*. Panic...
"What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun. Is there anything of which one can say, "Look! This is something new"? It was here already, long ago; it was here before our time.There is no remembrance of men of old, and even those who are yet to come will not be remembered by those who follow."
Bonus points to those who know the source of that uplifting tidbit.

On that note, I'm going to read up on biochemistry now!

No comments:

Post a Comment