Monday, December 21, 2009

I Know....

This is the second post today but...

I walked around town today with a friend, and it was good. Sometimes I just need to know there are happy people.

So, to keep myself awake until a friend picks me up for SKATING I will tell you my opinions on the songs that come up on my iTunes shuffle.

"Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite" by the Beatles:
Classic Beatles weirdisms set to mysteriously catchy music. I love how it makes me think of an old-time circus pantomime.

"Destroyer" - Static-X:
I think the opening line of this song was "Take a dump in a steam hammer". I'm giggling like mad, and my sister is giving me looks. HAHA! "GIVE ME DUMMY RUBBER CRAB!!". Enough of that!

"Camisado" by Panic! At the Disco:
Do you think all their songs soung like the same. I like the intro to this one. It's an interesting premise, to be sure.

"Forgiven" by Relient K:
Wow, I haven't heard Relient in so long. This must be their new stuff cuz I don't recall them being this edgy. Interesting rock fusion type stuff. I don't recognize the chord progression either, which is nice.

"Tears in Heaven" by Eric Clapton:
I don't know why I have this on my list. It's not like I particularly like Eric Clapton. I suppose he's good at the gee-tar, but I don't particularly appreciate his style. Just not my thing.

"Heart of Gold" by Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young
I love these guys! This song is so deep, and it makes me sad. People can search their whole lives for something and die without finding it. Do they feel sad at the end when they realize that they didn't get it?

"Think for Yourself" by the Beates
SO TRUE!!!! I'm sending this song out to many of my associates as a plea. Think for yourself cuz I won't be there with you. And yay funky guitar!

"Rock Me" by Great White
This is a song that I downloaded and never really got a chance to listen to cuz it got buried with some other stuff I dlded at the same time. Neat little rock tune, but nothing breaking any moulds in words or in music. Pretty tight bass line, actually. Not sure I like the lead's vocal styling. Hm..

"Tulips" by Bloc Party
This is one of the bands that I always skip on shuffle. I just never feel like hearing this type of music. They're good though, in their own way. They do sort of ambient rock. The lead has a super weird voice. If I had been more of a 90's child, I think I would have appreciated it a lot more. I know my oldest brother liked them a lot. Lyrics are pretty solid.

"Stuck in the Middle With You" by Three Dog Night
I LOVE THESE GUYS. SO FRIKKEN GROOVY!! Weird voice from the singer; it's hard to understand him. I lovvveeee the beat thought. "Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right." Just enough patterns to be groovy and just enough ornamentation to be interesting. Very cleverly constructed piece.

"Baby, I'm An Anarchist" by Against Me!
I hate this chord progression. This is not the band's piece de resistance. Kind of like Arcade Fire and Billy Talent had a crappy baby. Ok, nvm, it's growing me. It's alright. Makes me smile a little.

"Up the Bracket" by the Libertines
Ok, I hate that this track starts with some guy yelling really weirdly, because I always skip that.The tune itself is pretty slick. British rock group. I like that the tune is totally outside my predictions. And it has this neat little guitar riff that I like. Stupid opening yell. It ruins the whole thing.

"Haiti" by Arcade Fire
I love this song. It was actually the first of their songs that I ever heard (grade 11 french class WOOOO!). And I love how it flips between english and français. It's a beautiful melody, and it sets a beautiful mood. All mournful and warm. Haiti's still a mess eh? :(

"My Apologies" by The Hush Sound
Enh. Don't care. It's nice, I guess.

"Run Like Hell" by Pink Floyd
These guys were pure genius in every way. How do they make those noises? I don't know, but I truly enjoy them.The lyrics in the second verse do make me smirk though. Hehe.

Ok need to go bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment