Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Avatar

Is a pretty rockin' film. I went to see it twice this week. I want my own sexy, 7 foot tall blue man :(

I also went to see The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus at the Princess theatre yesterday. It was a bit of a let down plot-wise. The visuals and the acting were superb though. It was Heath Ledger's last film, and I'm glad that he didn't end off as the Joker in my mind. There's a bit in the movie about how people who die while they're young never age, and so they are immortal. I think this is true in a way, and very interesting.

Anyway, I've had an interesting ride out of the break this year. I mostly was miserable on the 24,25, and 26th. There were some bright spots though. Mostly those bright spots were media induced. I think I'm beginning to avoid the world by watching movies. I would be more worried about how bad this is for my dear brain if I weren't so enjoying myself. I love that when I'm watching a movie I don't have to think about anything but the movie.

It's like reading a book but in a theatre my mother won't interrupt me. We need reading theatres (uh, Becca? that's called a library...)

Anyway, the space between my ears feels like buzzing emptiness. Like a glass jar or water with a wee jellyfish kinda gooshing around in it. I'm quite ok with it.

P.S. I love history and chai tea lattes also :)

1 comment: