Saturday, April 11, 2009

So apparently I am neither allowed to finish my schooling or continue to live in my parents house because I'm afraid of spiders.

I've been really afraid of spiders ever since I was a little kid. Even pictures of them will give me nightmares. It's not like I don't know they can't hurt me. It's something psychological, and I would hope that people can find it in their hearts not to exploit, torture, or despise me because of it.

The basement of my house has two problems. First, the cellar isn't properly sealed, so its infestations leak into the rest of the basement. Second, the drains of the downstairs shower are regularly populated with brown tunnel spiders. Thus the basement has a lot higher spider frequency than the ground level. So I can't sleep when I'm in the bedroom down there.

My mom decided that this summer, my older sister and I would share that room and make one of the upstairs bedrooms into my brother's girlfriend's room. I asked if I could please have the upstairs one instead. And she refused. And got very angry.

Basically she told me that I may as well drop out of my university program if I was going to continue being this stupid, and that there was no way I was getting the upstairs bedroom, and that I should probably find a different place to live for the summer. Which is really unfortunate since I just landed a job in Elmira. I remain hopeful that my dad can help me out.

And I've been sick on and off for the past while. If not a headache, then a stomachache.

FML

No comments:

Post a Comment