Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Raindrops on windows and questions on kittens

My biology lecture turned into a environmentalist pep rally today....
I felt either subverted or violated.
Actually I made a little game for myself looking at what people with laptops were doing during class. A lot of facebook and MSN of course, but also some reading blogs, and some weird internet games, and one girl on FML! Yay! Oh, and a few solitaires.

Weather out today is my fave, except it's cool enough that the drizzle could turn into sleet. Let's hope that doesn't happen.
Today is wednesday, which is a webcomic day.
Actually, since I began following Questionable Content and A Softer World, every day is webcomic day, but wednesdays, mondays, and fridays are bonus cuz of xkcd.
Yeyea for nerdism!

Inspired by a friend's blog, I thought this morning a lot about how I don't want a strictly regimented life. I want to be able to sort of fling myself to any corner of the globe as I feel compelled to. I don't want to answer to a family or a home or a career.
"Why then," you ask, "would you bother to go through school for a degree?"
Because, you moron, these things take money! Moving is expensive, and I wouldn't mind moving every 6-12 months. If I'm a vet, no matter where I am I can get a decent paying job. My resume will be pretty sketch, actually....
Job Experience:
Aug 2020-Jan 2021 - PEI
Feb 2021 - Oct 2021 - South Africa
Nov 2021 - Oct 2022 - Andorra
Nov 2022 - May 2023 - Mongolia
...and so forth. Might throw potential employers off, but that's ok

Actually I think it would be cool if I could work in some sort of humanitarian capacity. Like teach impoverished people about good animal husbandry so that they can get the most out of their animals in their situation.
This lifestyle also means unfortunately that the largest pet I could own would be a kitty. As much as I love kitties, this is.... an issue. The horses and dogs and llamas and camels make me very happy and I really want to own them at some point in life.
I suppose though, I'll be cool with whatever I end up doing, as long as I always have the option of leaving. And one always has that option, no matter what one thinks.
There is an underlying problem with this roving lifestyle though. As much as I don't want to be tied down by one person (ie: husband (ew!)), I don't want to be without friends. So theoretically I will need to make friends wherever I go. Empirical evidence shows that I suck at this. I think practice is needed, but I need first a capacity in which to practice and second a few pointers to get me going. Charm school!

I love raindrops. They're so charming; they make glass seem similar in clarity to mud. I like how they're all round and they throw light around with grave jocundity. Like a priest preaching sternly to his congregation on the importance of exuberance and jollity.

Excuse the big words, but they fit so precisely that I can't resist.

That's all I have to say right now.

*edited to add*:
LOL!
I love that the most respected news body in the world is not above mocking a blatantly stupid person. Go UK!!!

1 comment:

  1. was i the inspirational blogger? i don't remember. if not then i applaud and agree. a lot of people are fans of sketch resumes esp. if you can speak the languages. i can educate you in the finer points of charm school but only you can practice them.

    ReplyDelete