Wednesday, March 16, 2011

So time passes and it's another Wednesday. This week has been busy and I haven't felt up to much of anything but sleep. I'm drinking a coffee now to psych myself up for anxiety group but after my presentation this evening I'm looking forward to just crashing.

On to music time!

New Music: Friday by Rebecca Black. This song is just so irresistibly cute and catchy! Love!

BAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!! Just kidding! Hoooooooooo man. What a terrible song!

For seriously now: For What It's Worth by Buffalo Springfield. This, you should note, is new to me, but is an old song. It was on the Forrest Gump soundtrack, which I recently listened to properly for the first time. Enjoy the relaxing sounds of the past.


Also new to me: How You Like Me Now by The Heavy. This song just rocks so magnificently. This is a live performance, which I usually disapprove of, but the guy is really an entertainer, and it sounds almost the same as the recording. And in response to your question, sir, I like you a lot now.


Old Favourite: Airplanes by The Local Natives. I found this band when I was trying to look up the song Cecilia by Simon and Garfunkel and these kids did it better than the old pros themselves. This summer I bought their album from iTunes and it's probably one of the best albums I've ever heard. This song and World News are my favourites, but the rest are on my list of top 100 songs as well. Just close your eyes and think of someone you miss.


Canadiana: American Woman by The Guess Who. Canada actually pwned at music during the '70s, but no one had really figured it out. I just love this song. I love hearing it on the radio and singing along at the top of my voice. That guitar riff? Mmmmmmmmmmmelt into a groovy little jellyfish.


HodgePodge: The Sea by Final Fantasy. Some people have expressed derision for this artist, but I will not be moved from my love for him. He's a poet, and those don't come around often these days. (I'd like to interrupt this message to let you know that my coffee tastes like cigarette butts. Ick.) His lyrics are true, and his orchestration makes me happy outside and sad inside. My other favourite of his is Peach Plum Pear.



Don't Stop by Fleetwood Mac. There's no way to listen to this and be really sad. It's made my tear up a few times over the past few months, but in a good, "I'm not gonna give up" way. "It'll be better than before. Yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone."


I have more to say, but I've got to scurry off to my anxiety group thing. I'm gonna try to remember to jot down a few things before the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment