Sunday, March 6, 2011

Please Note:
If you are planning to read "To Kill A Mockingbird", make sure it is during a time when you have a few hours to think it out afterwards.

Maybe this phenomenon is peculiar to me, but I get so absorbed in books that they actually affect me more than the majority of real-life experiences. It's because I completely forget my own existence when I'm reading; all that exists is the world in the book.

I've read "To Kill A Mockingbird" before. It was a long time ago and I had a lot of the characters and events confused. I didn't re-read the whole thing again, but I got all the events straightened in my mind. Atticus Finch is, in my consideration, a perfectly constructed character. He isn't only an ideal, like Javert in Les Mis or Esmerelda in Notre Dame, he is also a human. Somewhere at the bottom of my mind I know I believe he's real.

I can't really think of anything else to say. The world is stupid, beautiful place, and for the first time in a few weeks I'm almost happy I'm part of it. Less grar, more sigh.

*Edited to add*: Every time I make food and it is edible, I feel like some sort of Olympian. Frik yes this cheese bread will destroy your mind and you'll thank it!

No comments:

Post a Comment