Thursday, March 17, 2011

I had mentioned that I had more to say. Nothing of lasting value really, but just news and thoughts as per usual.

In the past few weeks since my parents have been in Florida I've been able to go to a Bible study with people my age at the church I go to. I've enjoyed it much more than I anticipated, but now that my parents are coming back I won't be able to go anymore. I won't be able to go to church either, because now I work every weekend, and probably every Sunday. It's just kind of disheartening to make all that painful social progress and then it's all for nothing because I can't see those people any more. Grar.

The job thing has me in a right state. I start this Sunday morning and I'm panicking a tiny bit about the people issue. I'm just gonna keep reminding myself that I know how to deal with these people and that smiling is helpful in all situations.

There have been a lot of high school students kicking around the university for tours the past few days. If only I could warn them...

I am happy to have nice weather again, I suppose. I'm a bit scared of the spring, because I'm in a social position that is unfamiliar. I don't know what I'll be doing over the summer aside from working, and it's scary to think that I actually might just not have friends to be around. I'm avoiding thinking about it, of course, but the therapist lady keeps telling me to plan ahead and that I need to organize things so that I'm not isolated. I just really don't wanna right now.

On the brighter side of life, our Wildlife Nutrition professor is a spectacularly good human being. Robo-Kitty is good company. Spring is finally FINALLY here, and even if I have nothing to look forward to particularly, the warm weather will cheer me up.

Happy Green Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment