Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Morning

I need to get up for my classes more often. Apparently all the cute, nerdy boys roam the streets between 751 and 815. Good to know.

Tutoring was an interesting endeavour last night. My student's mother, the student, and I all had a conference to decide what to do about the kid's recent attendance. Mother was kind of freaking out and kid was non-committal about improvement. So I spent an hour just setting up a plan for what we can do to get back on top of the semester (kid has missed basically all classes in the past 3 weeks). To be honest I'm not overly concerned about catching up. Kid is tolerably bright, just unmotivated. When we asked the mother to have another quick chat at the end of our session and explained what we planned to do, she was almost crying. Because she was proud or something. I guess she's been worried about her kid not graduating for a while now.

How is my stats class this stacked full of nerds? They're everywhere! You just want to ruffle their hair and saw "Awwwww, look at you flipping through your notes and typing things into your calculator!"
Cute.

I had to get up for class this morning because I told my student to go to class. It is unhealthy to tell another person to do something and not do it yourself. And I'm all about the health over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment