Sunday, January 10, 2010

It's been a weekend of much thought for me, and a few interesting discoveries.

I did a lot of introspection (good word!).

I also heard on CBC radio a man named Richard Kearney. He first caught my attention because he's got this lovely Irish accent and sounds exactly like Ed Byrne. In fact, I stopped to listen because I thought it was him. By the time I realized this man was a philosopher, and not a comedian (it only took like 20 seconds), he had me. Frikkity could he speak! Tremendous oration power. Also, because of various events earlier in the day, I couldn't help but listen.

I cannot easily explain why his words had such wonderful effects on me. It felt like my brain was ripped up and the words were flowing in and filling up the holes and the problems with a coolness and clearness that would heal everything it came in contact with.
And his accent was adorable.

So I kinda stepped out of life in some ways for the weekend. Now I've got to go back to work and school on Tuesday, which sucks. I'm going to try to hold some of the good weekend-ness in, and see if I can't keep the annoying weekday stuff out.

No comments:

Post a Comment