Friday, January 15, 2010

Hearing

Why is it that people just talk to me about stuff? I must look really interested in everything they say to get this kind of stuff from the guys at work:

Guy 1, while we were putting endless stickers on endless bags: "I think my girlfriend is cheating on me with another girl."
Guy 2, while I was working and he was talking to me: entire life story. legits. Jail time and all. and his opinion on everything from computers to his parents to relationships to....et cetera.
Guy 3, at various times: why he hates absolutely everyone in the universe except his daughter (who is like a year old).
Guy 4, on break when I want to do homework or read: random stuff about nature, real estate, or FREAKING WILD PIGS that he's found "really unique" and thinks that I should know.

I'm not going to say I don't enjoy listening. I really do like to hear what people think. I believe however, that they're using me as a dumping station of sorts because I don't interrupt (usually) and I always passively agree with whatever they say (mostly cuz I'm not paying very close attention). So I guess it makes them feel good that someone takes the time to ingest everything they say and has the decency to look thoughtful and interested and giggle in the right spots. I think that a lot of people don't get a chance to just talk about themselves and be taken seriously and listened to in general. Maybe it's one of those things I'm supposed to do for these people because some of them have a rough time of life and it's not costing me anything (except in some instances my social comfort).

I guess this is kind of what I mean. And I seem to have a lot in common with that guy figure-wise.... :D

OH
MY
Gosh!!
THE funniest single work-boots wearing smiley person just sauntered into my house. My day has been made by this most ridiculous of persons. He just had such a big goofy smile. He's apparently putting new windows in my room... I didn't know this. Where do I sleep, mom? Oh, I don't. That's nice....
Homework day!

No comments:

Post a Comment