Tuesday, August 11, 2009

ahem...

I'm working on a bigger post, but I had this to say:

I'm reading a book called the Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky (I want to be Russian!) and it's making me sad. I'm worried it's gonna turn out like french novels in which every one ends up either dead or miserable. I really like the main character, Alyosha (aka Alexander or Alexey). He's so sane in a family of douchebags. They all use him and trust him and love him but only for what he does for them. I want to give him a hug. Or rather, I want him to get a hug at some point in the story. If the Russians are at all like the french, he's gonna turn into a prick (Dorian Gray style) and then get himself killed (which would be very Victor Hugo-esque). I think I sometimes take books too personally...

Jack Johnson can make it better. And it turns out I love parentheses. Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment