Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It's a ridiculous time to be awake, and I'm not sure what to do with myself.

It is bewildering to me how chemicals can influence the way I see the world so drastically. I know that I am little more than a deposition of chemicals, but I suppose it's hard to really believe that. I still don't think I do believe it.

Belief is such a frustrating game. I am much better with hypothesizing. That way, if I am wrong, I can easily revise and move forward. I do think that belief is integral to the human mind if we wish to accomplish anything ever. Beliefs are what I would define as our "first principles", the points from which we base our assumptions and from whence we may take the necessary logical steps to form opinions on anything. We need beliefs to make decisions because they are the framework for what we value and understand of consequences. I think that may be why I am always so unsure of myself. I have a lot of opinions, but they change according to who I am talking to. I think this may be because instead of real beliefs supporting them, I have only hypotheses, and there's no point losing friends over something so trivial.

I have slept so much these past two days, it is ridiculous. I'm going to sleep some more now.

No comments:

Post a Comment